National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA)
NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) will be managed by the Council of Architecture (COA).
It is a national level aptitude test which is conducted for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. From the year 2017, the NATA exam will be held only one time in a year. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programme.
A NATA score card will be considered by private & governments aided colleges or institutions. Check this article, here we have updated the complete details about NATA.
- Candidates can register for the NATA through online mode.
- The NATA Registration will begin from the 1st week of January.
- Candidates can register till the 1st week of February.
- Candidates have to fill their personal details & upload documents at the time of online form filling.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images, i.e., passport size photograph, left hand thumb impression & own signature in a given format.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page generated after the fee payment for further process.
- There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
- In case, candidates make any mistake in the application form, the correction window will be opened in the 3rd week of February.
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration||1st week of February 2018|
|Image Upload Last Date||1st week of February 2018|
|Fee Payment Last Date||1st week of February 2018|
|Confirmation Page Printout Available||Last week of February 2018|
|Correction Window open||3rd week of February 2018|
|Admit Card Issued||4th week of March 2018|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of April 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2018|
NATA Exam Pattern
NATA exam will be conducted in the 3rd week of April. The exam pattern is given here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen paper based).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Type of Question: The question of Mathematics & General Aptitude will be multiple choice questions.
- No. of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded to the candidates in Mathematics & General Aptitude test.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Qualifying Marks: Secure minimum 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper||80|
The NATA 2018 Syllabus will consist of three sections include Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape. Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
- The registration fee is Rs. 1250 for all category candidates.
- Candidates can make payment through online or offline mode include debit card/credit card/net banking & e-Challan.
- Candidates, those opt for exam city in Dubai have to pay extra examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card.
Edutel can mimic many of the benefits provided by a physical school but delivers these through the internet. continuously to provide a seamless product that empowers tomorrow’s leaders.
Get In Touch
No – 18 / 4D, 1st Floor,
Thiru Nagar 2nd Street,
Vadapalani, Chennai – 600 026.
Land mark: Near Hotel Ambika
Email Id :-
Mobile Number :-
+91 74012 59090
Phone Number :-