National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2017 (NEET-UG-2017) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e.AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Following is stated in the regulations:-
(a). There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in each academic year.
(b). In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
(c). The reservation of seats in Medical/Dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/Union Territories. An all India merit list of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission in MBBS/BDS courses from the said lists only.
(d). No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS Courses in the said academic year.
(e). All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
(f). The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Accordingly, the Central Board of Secondary Education will be conducting the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2017-18 on Sunday, the 07th May, 2017.
The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the MCC/DGHS. The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
During counselling, the eligibility criteria, self-declaration, various documents, etc. of the eligible candidates shall be verified as per norms specified by the respective authorities and Medical/Dental Colleges.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG).
The seats are classified in the following categories:-
(i). All India Quota Seats
(ii). State Government Quota Seats
(iii). State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
(iv). Central Pool Quota Seats
The Deputy Secretary (Exam),
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit,
Central Board Of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092.
(a). The official website of the Board for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST is www.cbseneet.nic.in.
All the test related information will be available on this website.
(b). The official websites for counselling related information under 15% All India seats are:
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in and
Medial Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in.
(c). For remaining seats,
kindly check the website of concerned State(s)/Institution(s).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
Date of Examination, NEET – 2017 1st Week of May (Sunday)
Fee Details SCHEDULE Submission of on-line application forms For Fee Through online Modes 1st week of Jan SCHEDULE FOR CORRECTION
On-line correction of data in application form:
The date will be intimated on website.
Tentative date for uploading of Admit Cards on website* 2nd week of April
Display of OMR Sheet. The date will be intimated on website
Display of Answer Key* The date will be intimated on website
Declaration of Result* 1st week of June
*For exact date, candidate may remain in touch with website.
- FOR UR/OBC : Rs.1400/- (INR) (Last year)
- FOR SC/ST/PH: Rs.750/- (INR) (Last year)
Time Schedule National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET:
- (a). Entry in the Examination Hall 7:30 AM
- (b). Checking of Admit Cards by the invigilator 7.30 AM to 9.45 AM
- (c). Distribution of Test Booklet 9.45 AM
- (d). Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/ opened to take out the Answer Sheet 9.55 AM
- (e). Latest Entry in the Examination Hall 09.30 AM
- (f). Test Commences 10.00 AM
- (g). Test Concludes 01.00 PM
Material to be brought on the day of examination Admit Card, Passport size Photograph and Post Card Size Photograph affixed on proforma.
Rough Work All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only. The candidate will not do any rough work or put stray mark on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.
Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only Pen will be provided at the centre for writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet.
MODE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
FORM AND PAYMENT OF FEES
Preparation For Filling Up Of Application Form
A candidate can apply for the NEET(UG) only on-line by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in. Before submission of application form, make the following preparations:
The information desired to be filled in the online application such as names of Father/Mother and Candidate with correct spellings, Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number Issued by CBSE Facilitation Number/ Passport number/Ration Card Number/bank Account Number/ Other valid Govt. Identity card Number, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc. may be kept ready.
The candidates have to provide the Aadhaar/Identity details as given below: Category of Candidates Types of permissible Ids Indian Nationals of all states Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre. Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No.of any Other Identity Card issued by Government. NRIs Passport No. Foreigners/OCI/PIO Passport No.
Candidate should have scanned images of his latest Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) and Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format only, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
Decide the mode of payment of fee,
Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or
e-wallet of various service providers.
(a). If decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready while logging on to website for submitting application form.
(b). If decided to pay fee through Net Banking/UPI, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
(c). If decided to pay the fee through e-wallet, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
(d). Keep the statement of bank/Net Banking transaction receipt/e-wallet receipt bearing Application Registration Number for future reference.
(e). Print the Confirmation Page (Step-4) of online application after submission Step-3 in case of debit/credit card/ Net Banking/UPI/e-wallet.
(g). Failure to complete Step-2 of Online Application and further payment of fee as per Step-3, final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in all modes of payment of fees.
(h). Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not submitted successfully.
Eligiblity And Qualifications (are SUBJECT to changes as per Govt. Norms)
Admission & Reservation
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR).
- Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are:
PH-1: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70%
PH-2: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%
- 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category, as per Certificate of Locomotor Disability) in 15% All India UG quota seat.
- Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling.
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi – 110029. (TelNo.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai – 400034. (Tel No.022-23544341)
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata – 20. (Tel No.033-22235181)
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003 (Tel No.044-25305301)
- Reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website-www.mohfw.nic.in. he/she should furnish complete details to determine eligibility.
The Pre-medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
The candidates who have studied from the Foreign/International Board may ensure that the qualifying examination passed by them should, in scope and standard, be as explained in.
(II).ADMISSION IN STATE MEDICAL COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES/INSTITUTIONS / AFMC/PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES FOR SEATS OTHER THAN 15% ALL INDIA QUATOA:
Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
The reservation of the seats in medical colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State/Union Territory concerned.
Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence and Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET (UG) –2017 and also seeking admission in AFMC will also have to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in/ www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details.
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India.
CORE SYLLABUS for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST for Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses:
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recommended the following syllabus for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST for admission to MBBS/BDS courses across the country after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE.
This is to establish uniformity across the country keeping in view the relevance of different areas in Medical Education.
Pattern Of NEET
- (a). Pattern of the Entrance Test :-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
(b). The duration of test would be 03 hours.
(c). Language of the Question Papers:-
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages
HINDI / ENGLISH / GUJARATI / MARATHI / ORIYA / BENGALI / ASSAMESE / TELUGU / TAMIL / KANNADA
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- Candidates opting for vernacular languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in selected language and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Option of Vernacular languages will only be available as per following details:-
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages
S.N. Medium of Question Paper Examination Centres
- English and Hindi Medium All Examination Centre Cities
- English, Hindi & Assamese Examination Centre Cities in Assam
- English, Hindi & Bengali Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal
- English, Hindi & Gujarati Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- English, Hindi & Marathi Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra
- English, Hindi & Tamil Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu
- English, Hindi & Telugu Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
- English, Hindi & Oriya Examination Centre Cities in Odisha
- English, Hindi & Kannada Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka
8. Candidates qualifying NEET would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium in which the examination is taken by a candidate, subject to other eligibility criteria.
Edutel can mimic many of the benefits provided by a physical school but delivers these through the internet. continuously to provide a seamless product that empowers tomorrow’s leaders.
Get In Touch
No – 18 / 4D, 1st Floor,
Thiru Nagar 2nd Street,
Vadapalani, Chennai – 600 026.
Land mark: Near Hotel Ambika
Email Id :-
Mobile Number :-
+91 74012 59090
Phone Number :-
Copyrights © 2020 All rights reserved by edutelacademy. | Design By Web Trenz Technologies.